A hands-on, experiential workshop that provides practice for the inevitable crisis that every institution will face
- Be able to quickly make informed and effective strategic and operational decisions with imperfect information that will define your institution for years to come.
- Learn to operate with confidence in a very dynamic and closely scrutinized environment while maintaining normal college operations.
- Regain the initiative in telling your story, owning your narrative, rather than having others define your institution and its actions.
- Recognizing and reporting a potential crisis and staying ahead of the crisis decision cycle.
- Determining the right people to be on your Crisis Action Team.
- Selecting a Crisis Action Team leader who will lead successful outcomes.
- Leading your institution through a crisis when time is your enemy and information is imperfect.
- Determining key points along the crisis continuum where senior leaders must make critical decisions.
- Crafting your initial press statement—you must get this right.
- Responding effectively to an ongoing or recent crisis and ensuring that normal college operations continue.
- Managing and keeping your board informed during a crisis.
What to expect
- Capstone role-playing workshop:
- Making decisions in a stressful and time-constrained environment
- Writing your initial press statement when the media already have your story
- Dealing with vocal and unsatisfied constituents while trying to manage the crisis
- Framework for outlining Crisis Action Team response during and after an emergent crisis
- Hands on development of your Crisis Action Team and team leader
- Demonstration of a proven method for synchronizing your crisis action events and your normal college operations